Don’t let a small living room limit your creative ideas for decorating. There are still ways for you to turn a boring and tiny space to an outstanding and accommodating living room. I have here listed some multi-purpose furniture pieces that you have to consider to bring more life to your living room.
- Stool – A full sofa may just not fit into your living room, so you must consider a smaller yet stylish alternative for a comfortable seating. Stools usually can seat one or two people, but is less bulky than a typical sofa. Place a stool on one side and match it with a couch or two to offer a nice seating option for your family and guests. Be wise in choosing a design as this piece may define the styling and theme of your entire living room. If you want a more generic style, go for a solid-coloured stool. For a striking statement, you can opt for a printed one.
- Ottoman – If you are looking for a multi-purpose item for your living room but still has compact features, an ottoman can be what you are looking for. You can use the ottoman as an additional seat, a coffee table alternative, or even a storage box for your magazines and photo albums. You could also find comfort in ottomans by raising your feet on it while watching your favourite shows on the telly.
- Side table – Do you usually find yourself doing some office work in the living room, but are afraid to transform your living space to an office? A subtle solution for this can be a side table. Turn down the flap when not in use to save more space. Swing it out as an extension of your working desk or to provide more space to place your refreshments for your guests. You could also customise its length according to the size of your sofa for more proportion.
- Cushions – Regardless of how comfortable your sofa or stools may be, always have a bunch of cushions on your living room. These will add comfort to the space and will also provide back or leg support for you and your guests. Also, cushions are considered to be one of the elements in a room that can be easily personalised. Just change its pillow cases and it will immediately give a different feel in your living room. Just remember to keep the number of your pillows to the size of your seats to avoid a sight of overcrowding.
- Lamps – Lamps can definitely add up to the brightness of your living room, literally and figuratively. Place a lamp or two in the corners of your living room to provide lighting options that can set the mood in the area. Pick a stylish lamp that can go with your interior design, or you could also deviate from it to create a striking statement in the area. Also make sure that natural light can freely enter your living room during the day for a more homey ambiance.