Every morning, you may find yourself rushing to do your makeup before going to work. You are so in a rush that you tend to forget reorganising your cosmetics back in order before you leave. Besides, reorganising may be hard if these stuff weren’t organised in the first place! This article goes out to busy women out there – their significant others who share a room with them might also be interested.
You might think of makeup organisers as the solution to declutter your makeup storage. Most of these organisers may come at an expensive price, so it might not be a practical choice for many. Also, most makeup organisers contain too much space for your cosmetics that they end up being a not too smart storage solution after all. To solve this dilemma, we thought of different ways and materials that you might need for your cosmetics organisation. Here’s a list of smart storage solutions that can be found in your kitchen which you can utilise.
- Small dishes and bowls – This is recommended for those cosmetic pieces that you use most frequently. You can place your everyday lipstick here, together with your blush on and compact foundation. Since they are placed on an accessible dish, you will no longer need to rummage through your makeup kits and drawers to find your everyday cosmetics. A cute saucer can also act as an accent to your dresser.
- Flatware dividers – One of the most efficient ways to organise is by using dividers. You can easily find a drawer divider in kitchen shops; the one that are used for utensils will be a good choice. Use these to avoid your brushes, hair trinkets, lipsticks, etc. to mix up together. You can also use plastic containers to store your cosmetics. Its transparent base will make it easier for you to see where to get the makeup that you need in a flash.
- Reusable sandwich bags – Trouble finding the perfect makeup kit? Try putting your cosmetics in a clear sandwich bag. With its re-sealable feature, your makeup will be securely in place. In addition to that, since it is transparent, you can easily see which shades of makeup you have brought. It is also compact as compared to those bulky makeup kits that may take up so much space inside your purse.
- Mason jars – These stylish jars can be used to hold your different brushes, mascara, eyeliners, and lipsticks in place. Use mason jars with various shapes and sizes that will match each item that it will hold. To save up more space, you could place the things that you use frequently on the jars and set aside the things that you seldom use inside your drawers.
- Clean up! – Check your makeup stash and separate the makeup pieces that you have not used in the past months. More importantly, check for its expiration date. Throw away those which can no longer be used and asses those which are yet to expire if you will still use it for the next few week. You’ll be surprised how much space these neglected cosmetics actually take up, so start cleaning up today!