Most of us place our televisions in the living room for that ultimate entertainment and welcoming feel for our guests. But sometimes, these electronic devices distract our desired interior design. The most effective way to achieve that aim to entertain and to be coordinated with the interior design at the same time is by concealing these electronic equipment. Here are a few examples that you can draw inspiration from.
- Surround your wall mounted television with picture frames – This illusion will create the appearance of the television as one of the picture frames on the wall. You could only achieve this if your picture frames and television come in a uniform pattern, like a black frame with little white space inside. You can go for a group of picture frames that come in different sizes to maximise this illusion.
- Mount your television into a modern fabric paneling – Bringing a contemporary look, this illusion will make it appear as if your television is part of the wall. Also, you get to hide the its cables and wirings beneath the panels to achieve a cleaner look. You can install any panel (wood, marble, etc), but a fabric panel can add more texture and warmth to the look of the room.
- Place it inside a shelf with sliding doors – For TVs that cannot be mounted on walls, it is best to place it above a rack or shelf that is covered with a door. Just ensure that the shelves are strong enough to support the weight of the telly. When not in use, the television would not block the interior design of the room as it will be covered by a door that is consistent with the design.
- Cover it with a wooden screen or divider – If you chose a table to where your TV is to be placed, it can still be concealed with a wooden panel divider. Choose an accordion style divider so it will not take up much space once folded when the television is turned on. This will also be a wide choice for living rooms which are frequently redesigned, as you will only need to repaint its surface to blend in with the new design.
- Place it within a large wall mounted frame against a patterned wallpaper – Enclose the TV within a large chunky frame. This illusion softens the hard edges of the TV. The patterned wallpaper will also help in bringing the focal point towards to the telly surrounded by the frame.
- Match it with wall mounted modern fireplace – Adding a modern fireplace in the living room will bring balance and will not leave the television as the odd man out. Place the fireplace directly beneath the TV to exude a parallel look. This illusion works well for modern themed living rooms.
- Built-in cabinets that matches the arcs and design of your walls – You can create a wall mounted cabinet camouflaged as one of your wall panels. Then place your TV or any other electronic equipment like a DVD player and sound system inside for a completely disguised look.